Monday, January 19, 2009

Days Off

This day began like any other, animals and kids waking me up! Sleep in, what is that? That is something I have vague memories of from my single days. Yes this is a day off, but from what?, I am wondering. I still have to get up and let the dogs out, I have to fix coffee - there was no starbucks personal in my kitchen this morning, smiling at me, telling me to enjoy my day off. I still fixed the promised "pancakes for Letha" , her very favorite breakfast food that only gets fixed at special times, like this "day off." Oh and of course I don't have lesson plans done so who gets to put in time for school on her day off, me of course.
Okay I don't want to come across as totally bitter and frustrated. So it is a day off from city traffic, listening and seeing high school students who even though they hate school seem to enjoy being there making my days long.
Oh well, in the long run it is better than being at school. I can enjoy a few extra hugs and kisses and those special moments with the kids. And face it, how often to we get to spend an extra moment snuggling in bed even those there was no sleeping in ? Life is fun even in these moments when I feel like I would like to cover my head and scream- Leave me alone- I never have tried that Hum? Wonder if that would work?

2 comments:

TKB said...

go for it...just holler away!!! :D And then could you fix me something for supper...?

Luv ya Mom!

Issa said...

you could try to holler, but that would probably wake up the rest of the kids, who would then come in to see what was going on, we would sit down on your bed and begin talking, then we would never leave. Sorry. You lost all sleep in rights when you became a mom. But don't worry, you get them back when you becom a grandma. . . of Dakotas kids.