Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Dakota

Once again we here at the Barr house sit back, laugh and enjoy life. Sunday while enjoying, I thought, the wonderful meal, Dakota announced that he didn't like his scalloped potatoes. Trying to encourage him to eat them I held up to him one of the men in his life he holds in great esteem, Grandpa, I said Grandpa loves scalloped potatoes. To which he quickly replied, well lets ship them to him. Kids, just when you think you have heard the funniest they come up with another one.

I think God enjoys watching his children as well. While I know everything we do shouldn't be fun and games a good laugh never hurt anyone. I live with a man who sees alot of humor around him. It is hard sometimes to quiet down for the serious moments God has for us. I enjoyed one of those times in chapel on Monday. I had the privilege of listening to the testimonies of several students, two of which were my daughters. It is good for mom to hear what God is helping them with and also asking them to be patient and wait for. Keep your chin up and get used to the being patient and waiting mode. It is a real part of life and all of us experience it. Just remember "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding!" He is working in your life even though you don't see or "feel" it. I am soooooooooo glad we don't go on feelings. Most of the time I would just stay in bed under the covers. Life does continue to go on around us even though we'd like to "stop and get off" every now and then. We must press on toward the goal !!!!!!!!!

No comments: